[Redditolavoro] Hub meeting 2.0 in Milano: what we propose: workshops on "European Welfare, Austerity policies, Insolvency”

afuma afuma at eco.unipv.it
Tue Mar 27 23:51:01 CEST 2012

Saturday, March 31

10-13 "European Welfare, Austerity policies, Insolvency” Precarious
Laboratory Piano Terra
Via Confalonieri 3, Milan
http://www.inventati.org/pianoterra/

The European financial and social crisis has had till now only one
response: the necessity of austerity policy. We already know the results.
The Greek example is quite evident, After 5 recessive budget laws the greek
debt/Gnp ratio, instead of being reduced, is still increased. It is clear
that the ratio of this budget policies (In Greekland, Italy, Spain,
Portugal and anywhere) has nothing to do with the budget stability, but has
a lot to do with the process of financialization of welfare, privatization
and expropriation of common goods, and exploitation of labour force.

Europe needs an alternative economic policy.

We suggest two points, we’d like to discuss in this workshop.
1.	The critique of the debt and the practices of insolvency can be
elements of the recomposition from the bottom of the movements. The debt
today is seen as a generalized blackmail and as a new form of biopolitical
exploitation: this mechanism is felt, with clarity, from a big portion of
society, and it can be thematized in heterogeneous and bigger areas of the
traditional activism, like the movements such as the spanish 15M or the
U.S. occupys'.In particular in the States we can see how the experience of
the occupations of the houses, for which the loan can't be paid, is
spontaneously spreading. It is clear that in the context of the actual
crises the theme of the insolvency can become a possible financial
counterpower, a field through which attack materially the finance
operations and aim to the democratic riappropiation of the finance.
2.	A new European welfare, able to be adequate to the new forms of
valorisation. We think it could be based on two main pillars: an
unconditional basic income, and the free access to common goods (both
material and immaterial), This new welfare should be financed y a unique
European budget policy, able to overcome national fiscal policies.

In this workshop we ask: What battles can be opened on the right of
insolvency against public or private creditors, on the "non" return of the
money allocated in the loans of different nature and in the home loans, on
the refuse to pay common goods and foundamental services?
How to think and produce the passage from the  practices  of
resistance against the expropriation of common goods and the
re-appropriation of the same to the constituent practices of the Common?
Which kind of tools can we arrange in order to start a battle for an
European basic income, better labour conditions (in terms of wages,
workers’ rights, reduction of labour time, beyond the precarity condition)?