[Internazionale] LIBERTA' PER I SINDACI KURDI ARRESTATI!! LIBERTA' PER I DETENUTI POLITICI KURDI!!!

ass.azad at libero.it ass.azad at libero.it
Sat Dec 26 01:11:34 CET 2009

SERVIZIO A CURA DELLA ASSOCIAZIONE NAZIONALE AZAD
ROMA 26 DICEMBRE 2009
REDAZIONE JURI CARLUCCI

-----------------DIFFONDETE LE NOTIZIE----------------------------------

EURONEWS
UN ARTICOLO E UN BREVE VIDEO

Turchia. Arresti fra i militanti curdi24/12 17:04

http://it.euronews.net/2009/12/24/turchia-arresti-fra-i-militanti-curdi/

Le autorità turche parlano di una quarantina di arresti nell’ambito di un’
operazione negli ambienti del militantismo curdo. Secondo fonti curde, invece,
gli arrestati sarebbero circa il doppio. La polizia è intervenuta a Dyarbakir,
principale città del sud-est anatolico, e in’altra decina di località, fra cui
Ankara e Istanbul. Fra i fermati ci sarebbero anche alcuni sindaci e un
avvocato dell’ex leader del PKK Abdullah Öcalan, da tempo in carcere.

L’operazione avrebbe come obiettivo di smantellare i contatti che il Partito
dei Lavoratori del Kurdistan sarebbe riuscito ad annondare con alcune ONG curde
e con il Partito per una Società Democratica, appena dissolto dalle autorità
turche perché accusato di collusione con il movimento separatista.

Lo scioglimento, l’11 dicembre, di quello che era il più importante partito
filo curdo in Turchia ha provocato gravi disordini, con un bilancio di almeno 2
morti. Il conflitto fra le autorità centrali della Turchia e la minoranza curda
dura da almeno 25 anni. Le fasi di lotta armata hanno provocato oltre 40mila
morti.

BIANET
80 Arrested During Crackdown on Pro-Kurdish BDP

More than 80 people related to the Peace and Democracy Party, human rights
defenders and members of NGOs have been arrested all over Turkey on 24
December. Diyarbakır Bar Association President Aktar warned that the operation
can pave the way for conflict.

Tolga KORKUT tolgakorkut at bianet.org
Diyarbakır - BİA News Center25 December 2009, Friday
 About 80 people have been arrested on 24 December. 9 Peace and Democracy
Party (BDP) mayors who came from recently closed pro-Kurdish Democratic Society
Party (DTP), Democratic Society Congress spokesman Hatip Dicle and also human
rights defenders such as the Human Rights Association Vice President and
Diyarbakır Branch President Muharrem Erbey were among the people taken into
custody.

The 9 BDP mayors and 35 members of NGOs and human rights organizations were
brought to the Diyarbakır judiciary this morning (25 December).

BDP chairman Demir Çelik evaluated the operation as a reason for further
tension in society. Çelik said, "I want to emphasize that the operations show a
development that does not match what the process and the plans of the
government".

The arrests were carried out in the scope of the "operation regarding town
organizations of the PKK (militant Kurdistan Workers' Party) mostly in the pre-
dominantly Kurdish south-eastern part of the country and also in Ankara,
Istanbul and Izmir.

Diyarbakır Bar Association President Mehmet Emin Aktar spoke to bianet about
the consequences of this operation:

The position of the government is not clear: The government does not study
the process sufficiently. If they had studied the position of imprisoned PKK
leader Abdullah Öcalan, the PKK, the DTP MPs, the non-governmental
organizations, the positions of DTP and BDP, we would not have come to this
point.

Neutralizing legal areas is the wrong goal: Every operation regarding arrests
and detentions deepens the Kurds' emotional grief. It is wrong to think that
the Kurdish people will lose their armed powers once the legal areas are being
emptied. By doing this they will remain in opposition with the young people who
grew up during the clashes in the 1990s.

Paving the way to conflict: The people taken into custody can become a buffer
for reconciliation efforts between the state and the people who grew up in the
1990s in the middle of clashes, people who would conciliate. Now this
opportunity is wasted. I am afraid that emptying the legal areas will pave the
way to conflict. But my concern is that this time the violence will be seen in
the cities.