[aha] R: An Augmented Reality Drug distributed in London

Martina moreaplot a yahoo.it
Mar 22 Mar 2011 10:34:46 CET

Ciao stella,

mi fate sapere se avete in programma un’uscita a Milano tra marzo e aprile?
Non ricordo quando tornate…

GRANDI!!!!!!!!!

Un bacio e spero a presto

Martina

  _____

Da: aha-bounces at lists.ecn.org [mailto:aha-bounces at lists.ecn.org] Per conto
di penelope.di.pixel
Inviato: lunedě 21 marzo 2011 11:08
A: undisclosed-recipients:
Oggetto: [aha] An Augmented Reality Drug distributed in London

dear friends,
back from London, a short resume from the exhibit "Remix the world! Reinvent
Reality".
(sorry for any crossposting)

REFF – RomaEuropa FakeFactory, FakePress, Art is Open Source

present:

REFF AR Drugs in London.

A Fake Cultural Institution, an Augmented Reality drug and the reinvention
of reality

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CfET1YyyKs

REFF, the fake institution created in 2009 to enact innovative cultural
policies all over the world, during its first international exhibit in
London lunched ist last production: REFF AR Drug, an augmented reality drug
enabling humans to the systematic reinvention of reality.

The 25th of February, people at the opening of the exhibit have had the
chance to taste the drug and to experiment with the effects: the possibility
to create new forms of expression, to fill the world with digital content
and to realize new forms of free, independent communication that are able to
mutate our perception of cities and the spaces we live in, just like a
psychoactive drug.

This is the metaphor used by Art is Open Source: the Augmented Reality Drug
is really MACME, an open source software platform that allows people to use
the so-called ubiquitous technologies, thus enabling the owners of iPhone
and Android smartphones to freely create videos, sounds and other contents
directly in the spaces and places of our cities. Completely new forms of
communication that really change the way in which people communicate and
relate with the rest of the world.

The drug is currently exhibited at Furtherfield Gallery an has already been
distributed in dozens of universities and students occupations all over in
London, as a special “AR Youth Program” of the Fake Institution. Hundreds of
projects for the “methodological reinvention of reality” are popping up in
the laboratories of these institutes.

Everyone is addicted!

Images from the opening

- http://www.s4c.it/slides/refflondon/index.html#IMG_5931