[aha] the Next step of publishing at the Salone del Libro in Turin

xDxD.vs.xDxD xdxd.vs.xdxd a gmail.com
Lun 9 Maggio 2011 20:55:40 CEST

REFF, RomaEuropa FakeFactory and FakePress will be at the Salone del Libro
in Turin on May 13th, at 6pm to discuss the next step of publishing, at the
crossroad of augmented reality, ubiquitous media and innovative cross media.

here are the complete details of the conference:

“Ebook StartUp! Next step publishing. Dal REFF a Fakepress, teoria e pratica
per un’editoria 3.0: tra realtà aumentata, libri crossmediali e contenuti
ubiqui – Invasioni mediatiche “

(Ebook StartUp! Next step publishing. From REFF to FakePress, theories and
practices for 3.0 publishing: augmented reality, cross media books and
ubiquitous content – media invasions ”

Conference

Friday 13.05.2011 18.00 h
Room to the Future

FakePress, Publishing & REFF – RomaEuropa Fakefactory

Speakers: Simone Arcagni, Salvatore Iaconesi, Simona Lodi, Oriana Persico

link and information: the conference at the Salone del Libro website
http://www.salonelibro.it/it/organizza-la-visita/programma/details/2680-ebook-startup-fakepress-edizioni-invasioni-mediatiche.html

during the conference we will present the scenarios that we are currently
investigating in the reinvention of publishing: new ways to experience
cities, locations, emotions, relationships and information, in which we go
well beyond the classical idea of “book” and we describe the ways in which
it is possible to create new narratives that involve people, places,
objects, memories in totally new ways.

We will be very happy to participate to this conference with

Simone Arcagni, researcher and journalist, he is deeply involved with the
the concept Post Cinema: a possibilistic view on the reinvention of
narratives, which go beyond vision and embrace the spaces of the city, of
information, of bodies and relationships. You can read some of his writings
on il Sole 24 Ore and get info about his book “Oltre il cinema. Metropoli e
Media”.

Simona Lodi, artistic director at the Piemonte Share Festival, curator and
art critic. She is very sensible to the continuous shifting and blurring of
frontiers defined for humanity by all the things that are happening in our
contemporary era. First with netart, then onto the new practices enabled
over the years by technologies and networks, now into the world of the
reinvention of reality, markets, laws and social practices: from the Market
Forces edition of the Share Festival, in which we were happy to participate
with Squatting Supermarkets, our augmented reality intervention in
supermarkets, up to the Cease and Desist art, ending (for now) with more
possibilities to redefine reality through ubiquitous technologies.

Salvatore Iaconesi and Oriana Persico will introduce the theme of the
conference, by presenting the practices of performative, global, emergent
and ubiquitous publishing enacted by FakePress Publishing and REFF,
RomaEuropa FakeFactory

REFF, RomaEuropa FakeFactory is a fake cultural institution enacting real
policies for arts, creativity and freedoms of expression all over the world.
REFF was born in Italy in 2008. Since then it continuously operated using
fake, remix, reinvention, recontextualization, plagiarism and reenactment as
tools for the systematic reinvention of reality.
Defining what is real is an act of power. Being able to reinvent reality is
an act of freedom. REFF promotes the dissemination and reappropriation of
all technologies, theories and practices that can be used to freely and
autonomously reinvent reality.
To do this, REFF established an international competition on digital arts, a
worldwide education program in which ubiquitous technologies are used to
create additional layers of reality for critical practices and freedoms, a
series of open source software platforms and an Augmented Reality Drug.
REFF collaborates with art organizations, student groups, research
institutions and all other subjects wishing to promote the freedoms to
reinvent their world. REFF has received several official recognitions
worldwide: it was hosted in the Cultural Commission of the Italian Senate,
and was an official initiative of the European Community’s Year of
Creativity in 2009.

FakePress is an international “think-tank”, founded in Italy, that
investigates, develops and creates new publishing models and editorial
projects presented by new scenarios in technology, productivity and
contemporary culture.

Models of freely disseminated knowledge, multi-author, ethnographic
approaches, the availability of ubiquitous technologies and the
possibilities to add layers of information to ordinary reality and create
new forms of experience and relationships with places, in a continually
opening process of reinvention of the present are the principal elements
which inspire action and creation at FakePress.

Observing the contemporary situation of current publishing models, FakePress
has outlined realistic and practical/feasible scenarios for the present and
near future of publishing.

more info at:

the conference info page
http://www.salonelibro.it/it/organizza-la-visita/programma/details/2680-ebook-startup-fakepress-edizioni-invasioni-mediatiche.html