[aha] more from Hateruma Island

{ brad brace } bbrace a eskimo.com
Mer 9 Feb 2011 21:31:10 UTC

-- Mae-san seemed to be discouraging me from enjoying what I
assumed would be a sunny day... it wasn't that great, I
basically nodded-off on the breakwater, lost my deluxe Thai
fishing lure and had my float smashed-somehow.... no
watercolours... up too early I guess... bought some Southern
Star (in the can and the sky), peanuts, and paper(!)
Orion, often referred to as The Hunter, is a prominent
constellation located on the celestial equator and visible
throughout the world. It is one of the most conspicuous, and
most recognizable constellations in the night sky. Its name
refers to Orion, a hunter in Greek mythology...  eskimo.com
is down again ;( hope the stars register on last night's
pinhole... the assistant principal introduced himself and
welcomed me to theis 'special day' with a western handshake
(in hideous-America you'd be instantly castigated as a child
molester) a most perfect day: not a cloud in the sky:
recorded the childrens' musical performance (in the thumping
floorboard gym) from the outside along with birdsong and
passing traffic, while sitting in the precious sunlight:
[heard Edelweiss sung on Japanese radio last night and now
played on childrens' recorders:  Edelweiss, Edelweiss Every
morning you greet me Small and white clean and bright You
look happy to meet me Blossom of snow may you bloom and grow
Bloom and grow forever Edelweiss, Edelweiss Bless my
homeland forever.] breeze shifted during the second disk and
I'm having to edit-out some noise: may merge with echoed
breakwater gurgle recordings, which is where I spent the
rest of the day sunbathing, fishing, and painting: the line
on the reel has gotten all snarled, perhaps I'll straighten
it out today but I really hate untangling things... (there
are massive jumbled masses of cables and cords in my
studio/room at home)... the goat has been crying all
morning, she's probably tangled-up as well... [no, it's the
neighbour's goat but she's glad to see me-- many mosquitos
clustered on her leg]; down to the port and a fair attempt
at fishing (disassembled/untangled my reel: I'm thinking
that they're pre-assembled in this miserable state)... made
some decent casts and then one tangled-mess which I
converted into a near-shore dangled (US-Vienna sausage)
offering... a Japanese angler passed-by and said something,
which could only be some variant of 'any luck?' so I shook
my head 'no'... was worried that I might lose my furry
windscreens as I dangled the microphone over the breakwater
so I tried recording without them: impossible;  later I had
the bright idea of wrapping my small black elastic hair
bands around them to better secure the slip-on furries...
assembling the sections now but may need a little more
water-sound (too bad you can't duplicate sections somehow)
no, I recorded the goats out back instead: all becoming
quite surreal with chirping birds, little children singing,
undercurrents...: today is supposed to be somewhat sunny I
think... volcano ash is still big news on TV...  which city
has a ferris wheel (with a digital clock in the center!) ?
Okinawa?...

Island 6.0 is now available online!
====================================
http://bbrace.net/islands/island6/island6.html
http://bradbrace.net/islands/island6/island6.html

Global Islands Project -- ongoing series of multi-media
pdf-ebooks/field-recordings -- a pastoral, pictorial and phonic
elicitation of island parameters. An intensive examination of small
islands and their paradigmatic solutions to globalism.

Your (Art)world is based on mutual relief at your common
corruption. Maybe some cultures are based on even worse. But
that wouldn't change the bad faith of it and as years go by,
you wake at night in terror of your whole life being an act
of bad faith, where everything is self-interest and nothing
more, where every human interaction is driven by a silent,
even subconscious calculation of some ulterior motive, to
the point that a sea of bad faith has taken over your whole
life, there's no small island left from which you can even
try to build a bridge of good faith, because even that
effort becomes suspect, even good faith is nothing but
self-interested, even altruism is nothing but solipsistic,
even your professed agonizing right here right now is
nothing but a gesture, made to the conscience in order to
assure it that it exists.

http://bradbrace.net/id.html
http://bbrace.net/id.html

Island 1.0 is Ambergris Caye, Belize
Island 2.0 is Koh Si Chang, Thailand
Island 3.0 is Lamu, Kenya
Island 4.0 is Narikel Jingira, Bangladesh
Island 5.0 is Isla Mais, Nicaragua
Island 6.0 are The Grenadines, West Indies

Global Islands Project:

Island 1.0 -> http://bbrace.net/islands/island1/island1.html
or http://bradbrace.net/islands/island1/island1.html
-- over 800 images and hour-long audiotrack -- 69mb -- (acrobat 6)

Island 2.0 -> http://bbrace.net/islands/island2/island2.html
or http://bradbrace.net/islands/island2/island2.html
 -- over 535 images and hour-long audiotrack -- 78mb -- (acrobat 6)

--

http://www.archive.org/details/global_islands_project_island_1.0
http://www.archive.org/details/global_islands_project_island_2.0

Global Islands Project -- ongoing series of multi-media pdf-books -- a
pastoral, pictorial and phonic elicitation of island parameters...

Vientos del pueblo me llevan
Vientos del pueblo me arrastran
Me eparcen mi corazon
Ye me aventan la garganta

http://www.bbrace.net/id.html
http://bradbrace.net/id.html

bbs: brad brace sound
http://69.64.229.114:8000
http://www.bbrace.net/undisclosed.html

Waters Colours:
http://bradbrace.net/webgallerywc/wc.html

Eroticized Japanese/Malaysian Snack Foods:
http://bradbrace.net/greenscreen.html

Additional GIP texts/blog:
http://bbrace.net/wordpress/
http://bradbrace.net/wordpress/

12 mailing list:

You cannot politically defy the institutions when all you
really wanted was to be clasped to their bosoms and hope in
time to be cherished under the very framework of oppressive
values you are thinking of overcoming. That would be
co-optation, revolution only in the sense of a circulation
of elites rather than the extirpation of the very impulses
of elitism.

To subscribe to 12-list, simply send a message with the word "subscribe"
in the Subject: field to 12-list-request a eskimo.com

/:b