[aha] Researchers proudly present fake academic publishing

T_Bazz t_bazz a ecn.org
Ven 8 Apr 2011 11:00:04 CEST

Di seguito il comunicato stampa del fake newspaper che abbiamo creato ad
Aarhus, dopo la conferenza Public Interfaces. Liberamente scaricabile
dal sito (in inglese).

Saluti,

T_Bazz

-------------------------------------

Press release: Researchers proudly present fake academic publishing

»A fake is a fake. Anyway« Les Liens Invisibles

»We can only guess that fake publishing will mark the dawning of a new
information era« The Financial Times

NYHEDSAVISEN: PUBLIC-INTERFACES is a fake newspaper presenting cutting
edge research in an accessible FREE tabloid format. The newspaper is a
100% genuine copy of the famous Danish newspaper Jyllands-Posten.

The increasing demand for publication of academic peer-reviewed journal
articles must be met. Unfortunate examples demonstrate that this may
lead to plagiarism. This is not a viable solution. Research must be
original and academia is not lacking original content. But perhaps
researchers need new visions of how to produce research? Perhaps the
readers need new ways of consuming research? Why not imagine academic
research as something that can be consumed on a daily basis, in the
train or at the breakfast table?

On April 1, at 13 am, NYHEDSAVISEN: PUBLIC-INTERFACES will be handed out
to the public at the metro station 'DR Byen/Universitetet' in Copenhagen
as well as at the central railway station in Aarhus and the State
Library. Also, issues will be tactically placed in selected free
newspaper stands and at University lunchrooms worldwide.

Emerging from the Digital Aesthetics Research Center and the Center for
Digital Urban Living (Aarhus University), the aim of NYHEDSAVISEN:
PUBLIC-INTERFACES is to encompass the changing concept of the 'public'.
This is the result of an ongoing research in the computer interface.

CONTENT: Our starting point is that the computer interface is a cultural
paradigm affecting not only our creative production and presentation of
the world but also our perception of the world. We recognize that in the
past decade, interfaces have been expanding from the graphical user
interface of the computer to meet the needs of different new
technologies, uses, cultures and contexts: they are more mobile,
networked, ubiquitous, and embedded in the environment and architecture,
part of regeneration agendas and new aesthetic and cultural practices,
etc.. NYHEDSAVISEN: PUBLIC-INTERFACES investigates these new interfaces
that affect relations between public and private realms, and generate
new forms urban spaces and activities, new forms of exchange and new
forms of creative production.

The newspaper is organised into thematic strands (URBAN, ART, CAPITAL)
and brings together researchers from diverse fields – across aesthetics,
cultural theory, architecture, digital design and urban studies – united
by the need to understand public interfaces and the paradigmatic changes
they pose to these fields.

All articles derive from an initial conference and PhD workshop held in
January 2011, at Aarhus University. NYHEDSAVISEN: PUBLIC-INTERFACES and
the full papers can be downloaded and commented on our website:

http://darc.imv.au.dk/publicinterfaces/