[aha] Fw: Yes Men 2.0: The Next Generation

T_Bazz t_bazz a ecn.org
Lun 17 Maggio 2010 10:30:59 CEST

<http://www.theyesmen.org/lab/>

Dear Friend,

For years now, and especially since releasing our film
<http://www.theyesmenfixtheworld.com/screenings.htm>, we've been been
flooded
with emails saying we should go after evil company A, or evil politician
B, or
military-industrial complex C.

Naturally, we can't. There are too many evildoers, and far too few of
us. But
the good news is, there are lots of groups and individuals who can
surely do
better than us, perhaps with a little coaching and guidance.

That's why we're launching the Yes Lab <http://www.theyesmen.org/lab/>**, a
series of brainstorms and trainings to help activist groups carry out
Yes-Men-style activist projects on their own. We'll give advice and
facilitate,
but participants will carry out actions themselves, without us.

We've already started working with three different groups—stay tuned this
fall—but to really ramp up, and be annoying to as many big-time
criminals as
possible, we'll need to hire someone to organize things, and someone
else to
rally our tens of thousands of subscribers into ongoing projects. (Then,
soon,
instead of emails like this, you'll be getting emails asking you to
participate
in actions near you!)

We're aiming to raise $50,000 for an initial 6 months while we build
momentum
and find other sources of funding. If you can chip in something to help
<http://theyesmen.org/lab/donate>, we'll retaliate by sending you some
priceless, wacky or idiotic stuff <http://theyesmen.org/lab/goodies>
from the
archive of weirdness we've collected over the past 12 years. (Trying to
find
cola-flavored condoms or a nice human-flesh candle? Yup, we got 'em, and
more.)

Also, the first $10,000 in donations will be matched by a very generous
donor
who really wants to see the Yes Lab get going full steam. So if you
decide you
can spare some money to spread havoc among those who need it, not only
will you
receive a unique grab-bag <http://theyesmen.org/lab/grab-bag> of
goodies, or a
totally weird and unique service <http://theyesmen.org/lab/grab-bag>...
but your
donation will be worth twice as much!

If our outlandish wares don't tempt you enough to forego the June rent,
you can
still help us out by sharing this with everyone you think might help out
<http://www.theyesmen.org/lab/share>.

And most importantly: if you're with an activist organization, and would
like to
work with the Yes Lab to develop some projects around an issue you're
working
on, please drop us a line at YesLab at theyesmen dot org, or via our
contact
form <http://theyesmen.org/contact>. We'd love to hear from you, even if it
could be a while before we have the capacity to really move forward with
projects!

Yours in productive bedlam,
The Yes Men

p.s. To make sure you keep getting our emails, or to unsubscribe, please
visit
your profile
<http://theyesmen.org/dblist/prof.php?e=t_bazz@ecn.org&x=939331223>.