[aha] xDxD reads Creative Code by John Maeda while penelope prepares baked potatoes

xDxD.vs.xDxD xdxd.vs.xdxd a gmail.com
Sab 9 Gen 2010 13:02:49 CET

:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hh3N_2XtZKc

While engaged in the deepest trance of coding, all one needs to wish for is
any kind of numerical or symbolic resource, and in a flash of lightning it
is suddenly there, at your disposal. The question is, Where is “there”?
“There” is not inside your mind but inside the computer, a blurry space of
symbols and numbers that focus in an ever-migrant pattern of sense and
nonsense. Perhaps the only moment of clarity in the computer’s mind occurs
when it crashes: All processing comes to a halt and any “there” that might
have existed completely vanishes. If I were a computer, I would be happy to
crash once in a while, because if it were not for the occasional crash, the
computer’s human user would waste all of his or her life huddled over a pile
f metal and plastic. If the computer truly loved its human, it would want
the human to take a break once in a while. To crash is a noble act of
sacrifice by the computer.

John Maeda, Creative Code