[aha] Second Life contro il vouyerismo?

T_Bazz t_bazz a ecn.org
Gio 25 Feb 2010 11:55:10 CET

Second Life in battaglia contro il vouyerismo...(un'altra contraddizione?)

Da http://news.slashdot.org/

News: Second Life Tries To Backpedal On the GPL on Wednesday February
24, @02:17AM
Posted by kdawson on Wednesday February 24, @02:17AM

GigsVT writes "The Second Life viewer has been available under the GPL
for three years. Linden Lab, the maker of Second Life, recently released
a 'third party viewer' policy that all but erases the freedoms granted
under the GPL. It includes such draconian measures as 'You agree to
update or delete at our request any data that you have received from
Second Life or our servers and systems using a Third-Party Viewer,' 'You
must not mask IP or MAC addresses' (reported to the server), 'you must
have a published privacy policy explaining your practices regarding user
data,' and 'You acknowledge and agree that we may require you to stop
using or distributing a Third-Party Viewer for accessing Second Life if
we determine that there is a violation.'"