[aha] Prix Ars Electronica to Piratbyrån

T_Bazz t_bazz at ecn.org
Wed Jun 24 11:14:25 CEST 2009

Great news per il Piratbyrån!
Tra l'altro l'intervento di Magnus all'hackmeeting e' stato molto
interessante...!!!

Prix Ars Electronica to Piratbyrån

Inlagd: 2009-05-27 13:30

Today, the 2009 winners of Prix Ars Electronica was made public. In the
"digital communities" category, an award of distinction goes to
Piratbyrån. The award, including a prize money of 5000 euro, will be
received in September at a ceremony within the Ars Electronica festival
in Linz, Austria.

– First of all, we are extremely honoured to receive this recognition
from an institution like Ars Electronica. They represent an intersection
between art and technology which still seems somewhat odd in a Swedish
context, but where we have been working since our start in 2003, says
Rasmus Fleischer from Piratbyrån.

At the Venice Biennale, opening next week, Piratbyrån and The Pirate Bay
will participate with the project Embassy of Piracy, which partly
follows last sommer's contribution to the Manifesta Biennale, S23M, and
last winter's theatricalization of the Pirate Bay Spectrial.
Piratbyrån's projects are usually either zero-budget or financed by
small donations and t-shirt sales.

– 5000 euro is a lot of money for Piratbyrån. It will be used to invest
in server space for the future and for further greyzone interventions.
Possibly also to renovate and re-paint our bus, Rasmus Fleischer says.

http://piratbyran.org/