[aha] City of Women - 14th International Festival of Contemporary Arts

T_Bazz t_bazz at ecn.org
Wed Sep 24 11:24:44 CEST 2008

City of Women - 14th International Festival of Contemporary Arts
*Raw Symbiosis
animals – nature – culture*
October 9 – 17, 2008

The year is around and the City of Women festival is again taking over different
venues and streets of Ljubljana and also of other Slovene cities and towns.

This year's programme, again intended for broad and varied audiences, focuses on
(self)understanding of culture through nature, on power relations through
environmental discourse, on human relationship to animals, the natural, and the
transient, and finally on technological tools or extensions that testify about
our new natures. Is this the beginning of the end? Should we finally slow down
or even lay back?

/"It is not in giving life but in risking life that man is raised above the
animal; that is why superiority has been accorded in humanity not to the sex
that brings forth but to that which kills."/
Simone de Beauvoir

More about the festival programme soon on-line.

www.cityofwomen.org
www.cityofwomengoesweb.org