[aha] Hacker Space Festival (16-22 June 2008, Paris)

T_Bazz t_bazz at ecn.org
Sat Jun 14 12:19:35 CEST 2008

Hacker Space Festival (16-22 June 2008, Paris)

http://www.hackerspace.net/

What would the Internet look like without hackers? What would computing
look like without free and open source software? What would the culture
look like with DRM and closed media channels everywhere? Where do art
and technology merge? Would Gilbert Simondon be happy if he were alive
today?

Many questions will be debated during the first Hacker Space Fest from
the 16th to the 22nd June 2008 near Paris, in the industrial outskirts
of Vitry-sur-Seine.

About

The first Hacker Space Fest (HSF) will be held at the /tmp/lab near
Paris, France in June 2008. The goal of this festival is to bring
together people from many cultural and technological backgrounds and
from different Hacker Spaces and Autonomous zones in France and Europe
(and from beyond, if they can attend) to share and show what's going on.

The broad term "hacking" is understood in this context as "creative use
of technology" and not "illegal computer break in" (we don't buy the
political & media terror-inducing FUD).

This festival is autonomous, non-profit and collaborative. We encourage
you to contribute in any way to this adventure by joining our team for
this event, submitting a conference, proposing a workshop or organizing
a live concert, a performance, an art exhibition or a sister event at
your home location.

Registration

Registration is open. You should pre-register to make sure you'll be
able to attend HSF. Space is limited to 150 people.

http://www.hackerspace.net/

--

          /c_"/   T_Bazz    www.tatianabazzichelli.online.de